“All of the award winners [make] a huge impact in their communities around the country. From saving lives through rescues, to teaching young people about surf safety, and coaching young athletes to be the best they can be, they’ve all excelled and we’re very proud of that.”SLSNZ Chief Executive, Paul Dalton
SLSNZ Awards of Excellence
Every year, awards are given to SLSNZ members to officially recognise them for their hard work and dedication to Surf Life Saving in New Zealand.
SLSNZ Chief Executive, Paul Dalton, said he’s always amazed by the work of surf lifeguards who make such an invaluable contribution to communities around New Zealand which is highlighted at these awards.
2021 SLSNZ Awards of Excellence
We are incredibly proud and thankful for all that you do and achieve. The contribution you make to Surf Lifesaving, your clubs and communities is incredible - even more so because you do this all as volunteers! Congratulations to each and every one of you! Your success is an inspiration to us all.
2020 SLSNZ Awards of Excellence
National Awards of Excellence Award Categories are:
- NZLGB Lifeguard of the Year
- DHL Instructor of the Year
- DHL Volunteer of the Year
- Patrol Support of the Year
- BP Rescue of the Year
- TSB Bank Coach of the Year
- TSB Bank International Sports Performance of the Year
- TSB Bank Surf Official of the Year
- DHL Innovation of the Year
- Distinguished Service
- Life Membership
- 50 Year Badge
View the full Awards Information Booklet which has more information on the background and consideration of selection for each award.
How to nominate
- Use the SLSNZ Honours Awards Nomination Form (excel, 1.4MB) used for all SLSNZ Honours Awards (except the 50 year badge)
- use the 50 year badge form
For any queries regarding Honours & Awards, please contact the CEO on 04 560 0335 or email email@example.com.