Prime Minister's Athlete Scholarships
High Performance Sport NZ Prime Minister's Athlete Scholarships allow athletes to undertake tertiary study and vocational qualifications while pursuing elite level sport at the same time.
The scholarship scheme also helps retiring athletes move smoothly into another career once their sporting careers are over. The purpose of the Athlete Scholarship Programme is to invest in educational opportunities that enable world leading performances from New Zealand's top athletic talent, by assisting athletes to develop holistically outside sport in ways that contribute towards their post-athletic career and enable the sustainability of our athlete talent pool.
The programme supports the achievement of tertiary and vocational qualifications while pursuing excellence in sport. The programme provides support in:
- High performance planning, including career advice to assist recipients to make well-considered decisions regarding Study Plans and workloads, and manage their lives effectively in the pursuit of sporting excellence
- Financial contribution to academic fees (up to a maximum of $10,000 per year including GST if applicable)
- Financial contribution towards other study costs (up to a maximum of $5,000 per year including GST if applicable), referred to as the Study Support Allowance (SSA), which may include living expenses, study expenses (for example, exam-related fees), and books.
TANIA DALTON FOUNDATION
Tania Dalton Foundation (TDF), created in honour of the sporting legend whose presence would fill the room, has been established to make a meaningful impact on the lives of budding young Kiwis, guiding them to lead their biggest life - as Tania did.
What is the aim of the scholarships?
TDF scholarships provide support to young women from all kinds of circumstances and at different stages of their development, to unlock their talent and enable them to live their biggest life with sport as their guide.
- Those interested in applying for a scholarship, please contact:
SLSNZ High Performance Sport Manager, Tanya Hamilton
027 947 2612
- Applications close: Friday, 15 September 2023
- Click here for the full information sheet