Notice of the 2015 AGM, Strategy Workshop and Awards of ExcellenceThursday, 14 May 2015
The three events will take place on Saturday September 19 at the Amora Hotel in Wellington.
The Strategy Workshop will take place from 10.30am-3pm followed by the AGM from 4pm-5.30pm with the Awards of Excellence beginning at 6.30pm.
All Clubs are invited to send their Chairperson (or an appropriate alternative delegate) to attend the Strategy Workshop. Logically to minimise Clubs travel costs the workshop attendee would be the same person as attending the AGM and the Awards Dinner that follows. Due to capacity limits at the venue it will only be possible for clubs to send one delegate.
This is the only opportunity in the year for all Clubs to get together to discuss matters of strategic importance so the SLSNZ Board strongly encourage everyone to participate.
To assist with catering, Clubs will be asked to confirm their delegate by 5pm on Wednesday 19th August, the same time as confirming their AGM delegate.
1. Board Members: SLSNZ advises that two Elected Board Member positions (currently held by Geoff Hamilton and Brent Warner), one Appointed Board Member position (currently held by Joe Pope) and one Independent Appointed Board Member position (currently held by Graham Crombie) are up for election/ appointment at this AGM.
There will be a call for applications to fill these positions from the Board Appointments Panel in June 2015. Any person who wishes to apply for a position on the SLSNZ Board must do so by no later than Monday, 20 July 2015.
2. President: SLSNZ advises that the position of President (currently held by Neale Ames) is up for election at this AGM. There will be a call for nominations to fill this position in June 2015. Any nominations for the position of the President must be received in writing by the SLSNZ Chief Executive by no later than Wednesday, 19 August 2015.
3. Items for AGM Agenda: If the Board or any Club wish to submit
any proposed motions (including alterations to the SLSNZ
Constitution) or other items of business for consideration at the
AGM, these proposed motions must be received in writing by the
SLSNZ Chief Executive Officer by 5pm on
Wednesday, 19 August 2015.
4. Delegates: Clubs and Associate Members wishing to appoint a Delegate to attend the AGM need to complete the Notification of Delegate Form and return it to the SLSNZ Chief Executive Officer by 5pm on Wednesday, 19 August 2015.
Please note that late appointments cannot be accepted, so please return your forms by this date. Please also note each delegate is also invited to attend the National Awards Dinner held after the AGM.
5. Attendees: If any other Members (e.g. Individual or Life Members) wish to attend the AGM please notify the SLSNZ Chief Executive Officer by 5pm on Wednesday, 19 August 2015. Please note Life Members and partners are also invited to attend the National Awards Dinner held after the AGM.
6. Postal & Electronic Votes: The deadline for submission of Postal & Electronic Voting Forms is 4pm on Thursday, 17 September 2015. This form will be supplied with the AGM Agenda.
7. Alternate Delegates: The deadline for submission of alternate Delegates for the AGM (if the designated Delegate is no longer available) is 4pm on Friday, 18 September 2015.
8. Proxy Forms: The deadline for submission of Proxy Voting Forms is 3pm on Saturday, 19 September 2015. This form will be supplied with the AGM Agenda.
An Agenda for the AGM will be circulated by Friday, 28 August 2015.
If you have any questions, please contact Paul Dalton on (04) 560-0335 or email email@example.com.