Positions available with SLSNZTuesday, 3 September 2013
Ever wanted to work for Surf Life Saving New Zealand? SLSNZ have the following vacant positions on the careers page at the moment. To find out more about these positions and to view position descriptions please visit the careers page at: www.surflifesaving.org.nz/careers.
Due to the need to turn a contract position into a permanent role, we are looking to find a high calibre individual to fill this critical role for the organisation, which is part of the Senior Management Team reporting to the CEO. The role is based in the National Office in Wellington.
The purpose of the position is to:
- To develop the strategy and drive the implementation of the annual grant application process, with a strong emphasis on relationships with key funders. Budget accountability for over $3 million in budgeted income from grants.
- To develop the strategy and drive the implementation of the annual fundraising programme. Particular emphasis will go on ensuring current initiatives are evolving fast enough to still be effective and to develop a pipeline of new initiatives. Budget accountability for approximately $1 million in fundraising income
- Development of new revenue generation ideas that sit outside the commercial area, such as a SLSNZ Foundation , Government Funding model or Supporters Club.
- Undertake a variety of project activity in such areas as:
- Updates to Constitutions, Regulations and Policies.
- National Insurance scheme.
- IT upgrades.
- Annual Report production.
- AGM & Awards function event planning.
- Club funding allocations.
After a recent resignation, we are looking to find a high calibre individual to fill this critical role for the organisation, which is part of the Senior Management Team reporting to the CEO. The role is based in the National Office in Wellington.
The scope of the role is in the areas of:
- Regional Activities
- Club Health reviews and planned actions to assist clubs develop.
- Support to clubs on ad hoc issues they face.
- POM's and Patrol Audits
- Membership development - in particular Lifeguard training programmes - including resources, courses and examinations.
- Ensuring callout squad capability.
- Regional Lifeguard Service.
- Surf Education programme for schools.
- Local Lifeguard and Sport committees.
- Member awards and recognition.
- Regional and local sports programmes (incl Event Safety).
- Coach and official development.
- Club asset management.
- Developing and meeting the budget for the Region.
- Assisting in the delivery of national fundraising programmes and initiatives.
- Identifying and securing regional funding from commercial and charitable partners.
- Contribution to leadership of SLSNZ at a national level (strategy, budgeting and alignment).
- Staffing - Leadership of all regional staff.
- Relationships - managing relationship across a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external, but in particular clubs and Regional Club Chair forums.