New Zealand Team selection for 2013 International German CupWednesday, 11 September 2013
Surf Life Saving New Zealand is now inviting applications from athletes who wish to be part of the New Zealand team competing for the 2013 International German Cup.
The German Cup is a pool rescue event which will be held in Warendorf, Germany from November 22-24, 2013.
A team of six athletes, (three male and three female) will be selected to represent New Zealand with Scott Bartlett acting as Team Coach and Manager.
Applicants will need to meet the following selection requirements.
- Compete at the 2013 State New Zealand Pool Championships (11-13 October)
- Hold a valid New Zealand passport
- Available to travel with the team from November 15- 26, 2013
- Agree to pay an athlete contribution towards the campaign of $750
SLSNZ members interested in being selected must complete the online Selection Application Form before 5pm on Friday October 11.
Please note the specific criteria is a schedule to the SLSNZ Selection Regulation and must be read as part of, and in conjunction with, that regulation.
In particular, it is noted that the specific criteria applies in addition to the overall objectives and general criteria set out in the SLSNZ Selection Regulation.
Specific Selection Criteria
The specific criteria against which members seeking selection to the New Zealand team will be considered by the Selection Committee are as follows:
- Potential to fit the type and mix of athletes required for the New Zealand team at the Surf Lifesaving World Championships in September 2014.
- The performance and results of members at the 2013 New Zealand Pool Championships;
- The performances and results of members competing in SLSNZ Regional Pool Championships events in 2013;
- The performance and results of members at the 2013 Australian Pool Rescue Championships;
- The performances and results of members at the 2012 World Lifesaving Championships in Adelaide Australia.
- The performance and results of members at national and international surf life saving competitions in previous seasons; and
- Such other factors as the members of the Selection Committee consider relevant.