Call for nominations for the National Honours & Awards committeeFriday, 27 September 2013
In 2012, it was decided by the Board to formalise the appointment process for the Surf Life Saving New Zealand Honours and Awards Committee in order to ensure it was open to anyone who was interested and the selection process was fully transparent. This resulted in an updated Regulation in February of this year and the implementation of this starts now.
As a bit of background
- The National Honours and Awards Committee comprises of the Chairman of the Board of SLSNZ and four members (one from each Region) who shall be appointed by the Board, from nominations made by the Club Chairs Committee in each Region.
- The term of office shall be two years beginning on January 1 (after being appointed at the December Board Meeting) ending on December 31 of the second year after their appointment. A member may be re-appointed by the Board for subsequent and consecutive terms of office. The Chairman of the Board of SLSNZ will remain on the committee for the duration of their term as Chairman of the Board of SLSNZ. The Honours and Awards Committee shall determine a schedule of rotation so that there is a rotation of two Regional members annually.
- SLSNZ will call for expressions of interest from the wider membership by 1 October each year. Expressions of interest are to be submitted by1 November each year.
- The Club Chairs Committees from each Region will select the preferred nominee for their Region and recommend this appointment to the SLSNZ Board. Club Chairs Committees would not be restricted from nominating someone who lived outside their Region to represent them.
- Nominations from the Club Chairs Committees must be received by the CEO by 30 November, for approval by the Board at their December meeting.
The SLSNZ Board will be taking account of the following factors for any nominees
- their knowledge of Surf Life Saving;
- their extensive networks within the SLSNZ membership;
- their years of experience at a local and national level;
- their capability;
- their integrity and reputation;
- their independence; and
- the overall diversity on the committee.
As such, the SLSNZ Board is now calling for nominations for the 2014-15 National Honours & Awards Committee.
Anyone wishing to apply should send in their application to:
CEO Surf Life Saving New Zealand
PO Box 39129 Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045
Applications close Friday 1 November 2013.
Please include in the application a CV covering the following points:
- Your knowledge of Surf Life Saving;
- Your networks within the SLSNZ membership;
- Your years of experience at a local and national level;
- Your capability;
- Your integrity and reputation;
- Your independence; and
- Confirmation of the Region that you would like to be a representative for (i.e. Northern, Eastern, Central or Southern).
Once the applications have been received by SLSNZ they will be forwarded on to the respective Regional Club Chairs. Please don't send any applications direct to the Regions.