Bid process for sport events now openWednesday, 9 October 2013
Surf Life Saving New Zealand has now opened up the bid process for four national events in the 2014/15 season.
The open bid process provides clubs with the opportunity to bid for these events and will help ensure they go to areas that want to host and add value to them.
The 2013/14 season is the third and final year of a three year event cycle that was set in 2011. Over this time, there has been an evolution of the process for deciding the dates and hosts for events and, compared to 2011, the responsibility for most events has now passed to local sport committees.
However, for a small number of events, there is still a need to use a wider bidding process co-ordinated by SLSNZ.
The process is only for one year (2014/15) this time as there are still plans to undertake a 'Blue Sky' review of the overall sport programme within the next nine months and this will confirm the longer term event programme. When this is completed, a multi-year bidding process will take place for the events where this is appropriate.
The four events are:
- North Island Surf Rescue Championships: 6-7 December, 2014
- Eastern Regional Championships: 24-25 January, 2015
- New Zealand Surf Life Saving Championships: 12-15 March, 2015
- New Zealand Surf Rescue Championships: 28-29 March, 2015
Clubs wishing to bid will find all the relevant information, including event specifications and expectations, in the following two documents:
- A memo from SLSNZ CEO Paul Dalton outlining the bid process in the coming weeks, including important cut-off dates and requirements of the club/venue (pdf, 294kb)
- The site specification sheet, outlining the requirements for the events (pdf, 24kb)
The deadline for submissions is 3pm on Thursday 14 November, 2013.
If you have any questions after reading this information, please contact SLSNZ Sport Manager Bradley Simpson by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.