Adshel Announces New Partnership with SLSNZTuesday, 1 October 2013
After a successful one-off partnership for last year's Creative Challenge, Adshel has signed a two-year sponsorship agreement with Surf Life Saving New Zealand.
The sponsorship will see Adshel providing $300,000 of outdoor media space to support Surf Life Saving New Zealand fundraising activities. The partnership will be largely focussed around the Adshel Creative Challenge which will offer Surf Life Saving the opportunity to partner with a creative agency for their campaign.
The partnership commences immediately and kicks off with the 2013 Adshel Creative Challenge being held this Thursday (October 3) at The Generator in Britomart, Auckland.
The challenge gives competing teams just one hour to develop a concept in response to the brief supplied by Surf Life Saving New Zealand on the night.
Last year, the brief delivered was to produce a winter campaign to raise awareness during a time when the beach is not at the forefront of people's minds.
This year, the challenge will be to deliver a creative concept for a $150,000 Adshel campaign to support the fundraising efforts for Surf Life Saving's summer appeal, National Jandal Day.
Adshel General Manager Nick Vile says as a company, they feel passionate about using their expertise to provide support to Surf Life Saving. "By aligning with one charity, we are able to offer a much higher level of value and work closely with Surf Life Saving to help them get the most out of their Adshel campaigns.
Surf Life Saving New Zealand Chief Executive Paul Dalton says this is a fantastic opportunity for Surf Life Saving New Zealand. "We're delighted that Adshel have chosen to partner with us once again. There were some great ideas that came out of the challenge last year and we can't wait to see what is delivered this year," he says.
Agencies were invited to register up to four teams with a maximum of four representatives per team.
The winning concept will be judged on the night by a panel of industry experts and the winning agency then has the opportunity to develop the campaign in conjunction with SLSNZ and Adshel.
The winning creative team will also win a trip to Wellington on October 18-19 with tickets to Semi-Permanent 2013 and a meal at one of Wellington's top restaurants.
Adshel is committed to supporting not-for-profit organisations as a part of its community and environment programmes and, over the past 10 years, has provided more than $10 million in free media space to culture organisations and charities across Australia and New Zealand.
- Formed in 1997 as a 50/50 joint venture between APN News and Media Ltd and Clear Channel, Adshel is one of the most recognised names in the outdoor media market.
- Adshel has the largest street furniture coverage in the country with over 3,500 fully illuminated advertising panels in New Zealand.
- Engagement products such as Adshel Mobile, Adshel Digital and Adshel Create deliver impact and interactivity beyond static outdoor. Adshel Mobile is the largest outdoor mobile network with over 200 linked interactive sites.
- APN News and Media Ltd (www.apn.com.au) is one of Australasia's most dynamic and broadly based media companies operating in newspapers, radio broadcasting and outdoor advertising.
- Clear Channel Outdoor (www.clearchanneloutdoor.com NYSE:CCO) is the world's largest outdoor advertising company with close to one million displays in 49 countries across 5 continents.
For more information contact:
Lisa Honeybone, Media & Communications Specialist, Surf Life Saving New Zealand
Phone 027-648-8823 or email email@example.com