March 2013 Rescue Of The Month WinnersWednesday, 1 May 2013
It is with great pleasure that we congratulate the following clubs on winning the March Rescue of the Month Awards.
March 2013 winners
- Northern Region - Kariaotahi SLSC - 29 March 2013 rescue
- Eastern Region - Mt Maunganui Lifeguard Service - 9 March 2013 rescue
- Central Region - no nominations
- Southern Region - Purakaunui rescue - St Kilda, St Clair and Sunset Beach - 1 March 2013
- National winner - Purakaunui rescue - St Kilda, St Clair and Sunset Beach - 1 March 2013
Safety, excellence, courage and respect are fundamental to the work clubs deliver throughout New Zealand. The extraordinary efforts shown by all the lifeguards involved were outstanding - you can all be proud of your fellow surf lifeguards.
Admiration of the skill and professionalism shown by those involved in the incident is testament to qualities valued by Surf Life Saving New Zealand.
Citations for these rescues will be available shortly.
Visit www.surflifesaving.org.nz/rescueofthemonth for more information.