Time is running out to win a school visit from Jamie McDellThursday, 25 July 2013
Schools have only got around one more month to book their Beach Education courses in order to be in with a chance of winning a school visit from singer-songwriter and Surf Life Saving New Zealand ambassador Jamie McDell.
Surf Life Saving New Zealand has opened up its 2013/14 season bookings for Beach Ed courses and the schools who book before September 1 will get the opportunity to design a poster with their own top five beach safety tips which will be judged by Jamie herself.
There are two prizes up for grabs with entries being split into the North and South islands. Jamie will pick the most creative poster from each island and as a prize she will visit their school and perform some of her hit singles off her album Six Strings and a Sailboat, which has just gone gold!
Watch the video of Jamie McDell talking about the Beach Ed poster competition.
- Schools who have booked before September 1, 2013 must submit posters to the SLSNZ head office in Wellington (PO Box 9205, Wellington 6141) by 5pm on September 30, 2013
- Each school must select only one entry to submit
- Posters will be judged by Jamie McDell by October 31, 2013
- The winning schools will be notified the following week
- The visit will take place between November 18 and December 13 or between February 3 and February 21.
About Beach Ed
Beach Ed is a full day programme for school groups where skilled Surf Lifeguards deliver curriculum based learning of beach and surf safety. Book your Beach Ed session here