Positions available with SLSNZMonday, 19 August 2013
Ever wanted to work for Surf Life Saving New Zealand? SLSNZ have the following vacant positions on the careers page at the moment. To find out more about these positions and to view position descriptions please visit the careers page at: www.surflifesaving.org.nz/careers.
Club Development Officer, Christchurch
Christchurch based, applications close 30 August 2013 at 5.00pm
Surf Life Saving New Zealand is now seeking applications for the vacant Club Development Officer (CDO) - Christchurch Position, this is a fulltime role and services 8 Christchurch Clubs .
The CDO position provides direct and practical support to members and Clubs within the Christchurch Area by sharing best practice, ensuring volunteer time is effective and providing solutions to problems identified by the Clubs. This position also forms part of the Surf Life Saving Southern Region Team, which is also critical larger Surf Life Saving New Zealand organisation. Personal qualities such as team fit and leadership capability are valued highly by our organisation and if an applicant was to be successful they will need to demonstrate this through past experience.
Wellington based, applications close 30 August 2013 at 5.00pm
Due to the impending departure of the incumbent overseas, we are looking to find a high calibre individual to step into this role which is a critical one for the organisation and part of the Senior Management Team reporting to the CEO. The role is based in the National Office in Wellington.
The purpose of the position is to:
- To manage and monitor the delivery of the SLSNZ Lifesaving Strategy, including the Rescue Assets area.
- To develop, review and maintain key Lifesaving Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Development, supervision and delivery of the Member Development Framework and Pathway, including First Aid training.
- Oversee the delivery of key Surf Education Programmes and initiatives, including Beach Ed and Surf to Schools.
- To manage, monitor and deliver key projects such as Coastal Public Safety activity and the Communications project across New Zealand.
- Manage relationships across a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Manage and coordinate the National Lifesaving Committee and National Medical Director.
- Manage the NZSAR Service Level Agreement.
- Coordinate and manage key Member Recognition Programmes.
- Manage the delivery of event safety to external events
- Coordinate and oversee the delivery of national and regional support services (critical incident, operational debrief, radio comms, callout response).
The role has four positions reporting to it - two full time and two on a part-time basis.
Applications close Friday 20 September 2013.
Applications for both Surf Education Instructors and Regional Lifeguards are now open, visit www.surflifesaving.org.nz/summerstaff for more information on how to apply.