Surfing legend backs Jandal DayTuesday, 4 December 2012
Kiwi surfing legend Maz Quinn has his favourite pair of jandals at the ready to wear this Jandal Day in support of Surf Life Saving's National Appeal. Quinn's sponosr Quiksilver are right behind the top surfer and are donating $1 to Surf for every pair of jandals sold this week.
Quiksilver Marketing Manager Troy Brooks says National Jandal Day is a great initiative to support Surf Life Saving.
"Quiksilver are excited to be involved in helping raise as much money as possible. The weather is warming up so head into a Quiksilver store, get your jandals and support Surf Life Saving". He Said.
Maz is delighted to be able to help promote Jandal Day and has a real respect for the work Lifeguards do on the beach.
"Lifeguards do a great job keeping our beaches safe so I hope kiwis everywhere will get in behind Surf Life Saving's National Appeal and remember - buying your jandals from Quiksilver means your supporting Surf too" he added.
On Friday jandal-clad Surf Lifeguards will be hitting the streets collecting for National Jandal Day. Everyone is encouraged to wear their jandals and donate generously to help Lifeguards save lives on New Zealand's beaches this summer.
Proudly supported by Principal Sponsor State Insurance, National Jandal Day has become an iconic start to summer since its inception in 2007 and New Zealanders have jumped at the chance to wear jandals to work or school to celebrate.
Donations can also be made by texting SURF to 4483 to make an instant $3 donation or online at www.surflifesaving.org.nz.
Donations received will go to Surf Life Saving clubs throughout New Zealand allowing them to train more Surf Lifeguards, increase patrols and buy essential equipment to help save lives and prevent injuries.
There are over 3000 dedicated volunteer Lifeguards who give up their summer to protect New Zealanders at the beach. Last season they prevented over 1000 people from drowning on our beaches.
Wear your jandals on Friday 7 December and pledge your support by:
- Donating online at www.surflifesaving.org.nz
- Text the word SURF to 4483 to make an instant $3 donation.
- Post your donation to: Surf Life Saving, PO Box 9205, Wellington 6141, Freepost 100280.
- Make a donation at your local State Insurance branch.
- Drop some cash into KFC's in-store and drive through donation buckets.
- Purchase jandals from any Quiksilver store.
- There are a large range of businesses and stores supporting Appeal Week, so whether you are near a club or not you can still give generously. National Appeal 2-8 December. Jandal Day Friday 7 December.