Jamie McDell's Song for SurfFriday, 7 December 2012
People donating to Surf Life Saving's National Appeal will be rewarded with the gift of song from hot new artist Jamie McDell. Anyone making a text or online donation to Surf Life Saving's National Appeal will be able to download a special single written and performed by Jamie McDell, exclusively for Jandal Day.
Auckland based fans will also have the chance to hear Jaime sing live for free when she busks for Jandal Day at Auckland's Queens Wharf at lunchtime this Friday 12.30 - 1.20 PM
The Jandal Day song titled 'Young, Mine, Free' was inspired by summer and the freedom that represents. Jamie says it's a chilled, relaxed song, just like the season.
"It's a perfect link to what Jandals represent, things like summer, relaxation and being free." she added.
The Surf Life Saving ambassador hopes to be a qualified Surf Lifeguard before Christmas. She will take part in an intense one week course in December to earn her Lifeguard Award which will then allow her to patrol at the beach.
Jandal Day is proudly supported by Surf's Principal Sponsor State Insurance. Surf Life Saving New Zealand CEO Paul Dalton says the National Appeal is an important annual event for Surf Life Saving to raise awareness about lifesaving services and raise much needed funds. "As the charity keeping communities safe in the water, we rely on the big-hearted support of the public, so please donate generously so we can continue to keep our Lifeguards on patrol this summer."
Wear your jandals on December 7 and pledge your support by:
- Donating online at www.surflifesaving.org.nz
- Text the word SURF to 4483 to make an instant $3 donation.
- Post your donation to: Surf Life Saving, PO Box 9205, Wellington 6141, Freepost 100280.
- Making a donation at your local State Insurance branch.
- Drop some cash into KFC's in-store and drive through donation buckets.
- Purchase jandals from any Quiksilver store.
- There are a large range of businesses and stores supporting Appeal Week, so whether you are near a club or not you can still give generously.
- When you visit a BP service station you can round up your purchase which will go to supporting Surf Life Saving.
- Attend Coca Cola Christmas in the Park in Auckland on Saturday 8th December and give generously to our friendly Lifeguards or buy some great Christmas glow sticks, Santa hats and more.