Surf Life Saving New Zealand has developed a specific curriculum for first aid training to ensure that surf lifeguards on patrol are trained and equipped to deal with potentially life threating situations. We have approved providers of this curriculum.
Changes to First Aid training effective from December 2021
The First Aid training resource for clubs document below contains the following:
- First Aid level structure and content.
- Pre-requites for each level.
- List of providers that can deliver first aid courses.
- How to arrange a first aid course for your club
- FAQs about course expiry dates, external course providers and Unit Standards.
- SLSNZ Approved First Aid Providers
- Accredited Surf First Aid Module Assessors - updated December 2021
- Club Resource Information (pdf) - updated January 2022.
- First Aid Course Booking Form (word) - updated January 2022.
- First Aid FAQs (pdf) - updated October 2020
If you require any other help please contact your Regional Lifesaving Manager or Club Development Officer.
First Aid Providers
Surf Life Saving New Zealand has developed its own first aid curriculum which meets the needs of our Surf Lifeguards.
For more information about becoming an accredited provider please contact:
Belinda Slement, National Education Manager