Surf Life Saving New Zealand has developed a specific curriculum for first aid training to ensure that surf lifeguards on patrol are trained and equipped to deal with potentially life threating situations. We have approved providers of this curriculum.
The First Aid training resource for clubs document below contains the following:
- First Aid level structure and content.
- Pre-requites for each level.
- List of providers that can deliver first aid courses.
- How to arrange a first aid course for your club
- FAQs about course expiry dates, external course providers and Unit Standards.
- Club Resource Information (pdf) - updated August 2020.
- First Aid Course Booking Form (word)
- First Aid FAQs (pdf) - updated October 2020
If your club requires assistance in applying for funding, please see the document at the link below.
If you require any other help please contact your Regional Lifesaving Manager or Club Development Officer.
First Aid Providers
Surf Life Saving New Zealand has developed its own first aid curriculum which meets the needs of our Surf Lifeguards.
For more information about becoming an accredited provider please contact:
Brad O'Leary, National Education Manager