The Board Rescue Module (BRM) has been designed to help Surf Lifeguards develop their rescue skills with a rescue board. The BRM covers both conscious and unconscious rescues with a rescue board.
The target audience for this qualification is Surf Lifeguards wishing to further their rescue capability.
Prerequisites: 14 years of age | Surf Lifeguard Award (Refreshed) | Current member of a SLS club
Duration: Variable depending on competence and instruction structure 2-3 weeks
Delivered by: Club Instructors, Club Examiners or Patrol Captains
Who should complete it: Anyone interested in furthering their rescue capability when on patrol
- Attend training sessions with the club instructor
- Successfully complete all components of the examination
- Conscious patient rescue
- Unconscious patient rescue
- Basic paddling skills
- Rescue board surf skills
- Board rescue for an unconscious patient
- Board rescue for a conscious patient
At the completion of the qualification candidates will be able to:
- Perform a board rescue for a conscious patient.
- Perform a board rescue for an unconscious patient.
To begin training for this qualification contact your club or local Club Development Officer.