The Instructors Award - RWC certifies that the holder has the advanced RWC skills and knowledge to be an Instructor. The qualification enables members to obtain relevant theory and practical skills about instruction and teaching to be utilised when training members.
- 22 years of age
- Current member of a SLS club
- Rescue Water Craft Operators Award (Refreshed)
- Current First Aid Level 1
- Instructors Award - Surf Lifeguard or IRB
Duration: Variable depending on instruction time
Delivery: Trainee instructors must attend a minimum of x1 RWC two-day candidate training course and assist with instruction before starting any instruction outside the training block.
Who should complete it: Anyone interested in getting started as an instructor
- Fully participate in a minimum of one RWC two day training course as a trainee instructor and assist
- Successfully qualify 2 candidates through the RWC Operators Award
At the completion of the qualification candidates will be able to:
- Prepare for lessons and implement lesson plans and sequences.
- Create a safe physical environment conducive to learning/training.
- Communicate with candidates.
- Identify and apply effective questioning techniques.
- Evaluate own instruction.
- Identify and apply learning styles and identify and reduce learning barriers.
- Prepare candidates for assessment.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of an instructor.