The Examiners Award - IRB certifies that the holder is capable of conducting appropriate and fair IRB examinations. The qualification allows members to obtain relevant theory and practical skills to enable them to examine at a consistent standard.
The Examiners Award covers three main areas, preparing for assessment, conducting assessment and completing assessment administration.
- Current member of a SLS club
- 18 years of age
- Surf Lifeguard Award (refreshed)
- Senior Lifeguard Award - IRB Driver (refreshed)
- Instructors Award - IRB (refreshed)
Delivered by: Chief Examiner
Who should complete it: Anyone interested in becoming an examiner
Candidate requirements: Candidates must first be signed off as a probationary examiner by the Chief Examiner on the required form before they are approved to complete this award. The candidate must serve a probationary period as a provisional examiner under the direction of a Chief Examiner. One approved, candidate must fill out the examiner's workbook and control one exam task and be examined against the criteria on the probationary examiner's record.
- Preparing your Candidates for the Examination
- The SLSNZ Education System
- Prepare for Examination
- Conduct Assessment
- Complete Assessment Administration
At the completion of the qualification candidates will be able to:
- Assess candidate performance
Probationary Examiners Application Form
To download this application form click here