FOR NEW MEMBERSHIPS
1. Select a surf life saving club that you want to join
We have 74 clubs across Aotearoa to choose from. You can choose a club close to where you live or holiday or actually, anywhere you like.
2. Complete the SLSNZ membership form for you (and your family) online
- Please make sure you read the membership declaration and agree to the terms before proceeding.
- A membership form for someone under 18 year olds needs to be filled in by a parent or guardian. Anyone over 18 years needs to fill in their own form.
- Once this has been submitted you will receive an email notification, when your application for membership has been accepted by your chosen Surf Life Saving Club.
- You will also be assigned a SLSNZ membership number.
- Please note, even though there is no SLSNZ (Surf Life Saving NZ) membership fee, you will need to pay a membership fee to your selected club (the fee varies from club to club).
If you have any issues completing your SLSNZ membership form, please contact our Database Administrator for help: firstname.lastname@example.org
PRIMARY AND SECONDARY MEMBERSHIPS
- If a member belongs to one club, they have a single club membership. This is their PRIMARY membership (club).
- If a member wishes to belong to more than one club, they can only have one Primary membership (club), and subsequent ones will be SECONDARY memberships (clubs).
- A member can only compete in Surf Lifesaving Sport for their Primary Club.
- Generally, the Primary membership will stay with the club the member joined first, unless the member requests a transfer.
CREATING A TRANSFER OR A SECONDARY MEMBERSHIP
- Members with an existing Primary membership can transfer this to be with another club if they wish, or can request a new Secondary membership with an additional club.
- Transfers or Secondary memberships can be created in the Member Portal - you just need to log in then head to the Member Lounge and then to the Membership Desk. Select what you wish to do and select the club you want to join from the drop-down list.