- Do you have a clear understanding of your leadership, your
strengths, your principles and your purpose?
- Are there potential improvements you can see, but are unsure
about how to make them happen?
- Are you having the impact you want, and are capable of, on
issues that matter to you?
The purpose of the BP Leaders for Life is to enhance the ability
of current and emerging leaders within the Surf Life Saving
community to make a real difference to their clubs and across the
In our environment, we know that leaders are effective when they
are collaborative in their approach, are aware of their strengths
and weaknesses and have a strong desire to improve.
This programme focuses on leading collaboratively including;
- Seeing the need for improvement and engaging the support
- Leading an effective and collaborative team.
- Investigating the need for improvement and developing great
- Implementing change in a manner that increases the likelihood
The overall objectives of the formal programmes are to;
- Enhance connection and collegiality between leaders.
- Provide a safe environment for developing leaders to examine
their current leadership approach.
- Provide focused development in key areas.
- Make a difference to SLS.
There will be particular focus on;
- Leading improvement and change.
- Working with, and through, others.
Benefits & Outcomes for the individual
- Team leadership personal profiler - Completed by Team Mangement
- Expanded awareness of your leadership strengths and areas of
- Increased ability to communicate in an effective and compelling
- Greater understanding of how to build trust and be
- Improved ability to engage and mobilise others.
- Deeper understanding of how to build constructive relationship
and lead change.
- Increased understanding and connection to the wider Surf Life
During the workshops we have a series of high profile guest
speakers who will be speaking about their leadership experiences,
leading for impact and leading for change.
Benefits for the club
- Enhanced leadership capability amongst current and emerging
- Improved leader retention within the club.
- Increased likelihood of the club achieving its development
- Increased connection across clubs and with national