"The essence of good
leadership development is enabling people to recognize their
strengths and develop them fully."
BP Leaders for Life is the Surf
Life Saving New Zealand leadership programme.
The BP Leaders for Life
programme emphasises the development of leaders at a local level
who are skilled at working collaboratively with, and through,
others to build and sustain Surf Life Saving in New
programme is part of a national strategy to support a wide range of
leadership development activity for members right across the Surf
Life Saving community.
- Strength based - builds on existing strengths and the
application of those strengths to be effective.
- Tailored - informed by both individual aspirations and
requirements of the leadership role.
- Personal responsibility - leaders take responsibility for their
own learning and application of that learning.
- Accessible - leadership support is available when it is
- Development support - adult learning principles; 'learn -
do - reflect'
- Capable leaders at all levels
- Leader satisfaction
- Sustainable organisation
Team Management Services
Thank you to Team Managment Services for their on-going support
of the BP Leaders for Life programme through their TMS Personal
profiles. These profiles are a simple but powerful model which
quickly identifies critical success factors at work, helping you to
spot potential development opportunities, needs and strengths both
for you and your team.