The SLSNZ website was rebuilt in April 2013.
Available website help documents
Below is overall main structure of the SLSNZ website for the
full drill down visit the online sitemap at www.surflifesaving.org.nz/sitemap.
- SLSNZ Search
- SLSNZ Newsroom
- SLSNZ Calendar
include: About us, Partners, Board Reports, Support Us, Find a
Club, Calendar, News and Contact Us
- sections include: Become a Lifeguard, Patrolled
Beaches, Lifeguarding Education, Calendar, Event Safety, Rescue of
include: Public Education, School Education, Member Education,
- sections include: About Use, News,
Events, Calendar, High Performance, Results, Officials,
- Club House - mainly
for internal content, sections include: News, Boardroom, Gear
Shed, Tower, Office, Lounge, IRB Shed, Training Room, Trophies,
Key features of the website
- The header comprises links to
the sub-sites - they have detailed dropdown navigations upon hover.
The drop down includes the sections within the sub-site and a small
description of what you will find under that area. This will limit
the number of clicks a user will have to get to where they are
trying to go.
- Links at the top to key
social media, Find a Beach and Support Us.
- The search function is
represented with a pair of binoculars, upon hover a search tool
appears. This search will show a list of the most popular searches
(these need to be updated/changed at any time). The search also
includes quick access to the Find a Beach search. Note: the search
will search all 5 sub-sites. The search results that appear have
icons to distinguish what they are.
- The footer is used as popular links and pathways to the various
- The sections are broken down into key areas with an external
and internal audience in mind with the Club House and Club Admin
being the key places for members to go.
The newsroom is managed centrally and then filtered to the
- The main newsroom - has all the news articles - www.surflifesaving.org.nz/news
- The organisation newsroom - has all the news articles
- The sport newsroom - only sport news articles
- The club house newsroom - has all the news articles
The calendar is managed centrally and then filtered to the
- The main calendar - has all the events - www.surflifesaving.org.nz/calendar
- The organisation calendar - has only events marked organisation
(meetings, celebrations etc).
- The sport calendar - has all sport events
- The club house newsroom - has all events