Surf Life Saving New Zealand is proud to provide our members with next generation learning at their fingertips. Our online learning brings training into your home with flexibility, learning that is self-directed and convenient. Take control of your own learning and free up more time to spend learning your practical skills at the beach.
We are offering the opportunity for your members to complete their Surf Lifeguard Award (SLA), Patrol Support (PS), IRB Drivers (IRBD) and Rescue Water Craft (RWC) theory refreshers online. You can also complete your IRB Crewperson pre learning module, Surf Official Level 1 pre learning and more. Each year we have been working hard to fix system issues and come up with a number of systems and process changes that we hope will make the experience smoother and more user-friendly for everyone.
While we are gradually migrating much of our member education experiences into an online learning environment, we are still being thorough in our testing and giving careful consideration to what we roll out, and when.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please email email@example.com.
- User Guide for Members (updated July 2021)
- User guide for Assessors & Admin - Learner progress report
- User guide for Assessors - Signing off practical tasks (updated July 2021)
- User Guide for Club Admins - Exporting SLSNZ Member Portal Information
- User Guide for Members – Self Enrolment (updated July 2021)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I don't know my SLSNZ Membership Number? Contact your club administrator or log in to the SLSNZ Member Portal to find out yourself.
- What if I don't receive the email to reset my password? Your email address might be wrong in the database - log in to the SLSNZ Member Portal to update your own details or let your club administrator know.
- What if I've logged into the Online Learning Portal and there are no courses displaying? You may have not been enrolled in the course - email either Member Education or your Regional staff member.
- What if I've failed the course twice and now can't try again? Contact your club instructor to arrange to go through the test with them.
- What if I want to do my refresher at a club that isn't my primary club? That's fine - you just need to advise us which club you wish to complete your refresher at so we can organise a re-enrollment. Contact Member Education with this information.
Need access to the SLSNZ Member Portal? Email the SLSNZ Database Team for your username and password.