Health & Safety Management System
The Health and Safety Management System is a tool used to outline the different levels of health and safety within Surf Life Saving New Zealand. While all operational members of Surf Life Saving are accountable to aspects of health and safety in different environments, the degree of understanding is varied - very few are expected to know it all.
This model should assist with the development and understanding of what health and safety content needs to be known by individuals at each level, as well as who makes up each group of people based on the SLS awards they hold and/or roles they are in.
Health and Safety Vision
- Everyone comes to work and goes home safely
Health and Safety Purpose
- To protect all workers and those affected by the work of Surf Life Saving New Zealand from harm
Health and Safety Values
- Safety is part of everything we do
- Everyone has a role to play in safety improvement
- Everyone has the right and the requirement to intervene to prevent unsafe actions