Calling all rookie lifeguards!
The Canterbury Rookie Challenge is returning on Sunday 27th March 2022.
The Rookie Lifeguard Programme has been designed to help junior surf members prepare to be a Surf Lifeguard. The Rookie Lifeguard Programme aims to promote "practical lifeguarding" to the younger members and develop strong ties between senior and junior members as a result of involvement.
The Rookie Challenge will see club teams compete in a 'orienteering style' event where they will complete a variety of lifeguard activities and put their learnings to the test!
Rookie Team Eligibility Criteria:
- Teams may consist of 3-5 current rookie lifeguards (though teams of 4 are ideal for the stations)
- Members of a Rookie Team are required to be U14 as of September 31st 2021
- Members of a Rookie Team cannot compete if they have gained their SLA during this season.
- Clubs may enter more than one team
- Clubs may combine to create a team from multiple clubs, if a full team (or additional teams) cannot be created from one club.
Entries may be made using the SLSNZ Online Event Entry System. Your club has access to this system and will process your entries.
Entries Open: Monday 14th February
Entries Close: Wednesday 23rd March, 11:00am
This document provides you with all the information you need to know in order to enter this event. While it contains the typical logistical information surrounding the event, it also incorporates very important details that an athlete, parent and/or guardian must be aware of before entering themselves or their child into this event.