Tel: 027 457 1021
Welcome to Oceans’ 22, a celebration of Under 14 Surf Life Saving sport. Oceans’ has a proud history of being not only the largest Junior Surf Life Saving Event in New Zealand, but the most competitive, exciting and fun!
Returning to Mt Maunganui for 2022, we invite you to celebrate the very best of future Surf Life Savers as our members compete for their friends and against their fellow athletes.
- To learn the skills required to gain the Surf Lifeguard Award.
- To provide the best possible life saving experience for all juniors with the view to encouraging long-term active participation.
- To provide opportunities for juniors to actively participate in and enjoy life saving and competition in an aquatic environment.
- To ensure our junior member are safe on New Zealand's beaches through building knowledge and experiences in the Junior Surf Programme.
- To develop a team based philosophy encompassing leadership, camaraderie, teamwork, and fun.
- To promote social, emotional and physical growth and development in a healthy and safe environment.
Entries will open 20th December 2021 via the EnterNow system and will close at 10am on Monday 14th February 2022.
Covid Protocols – Fully Vaccinated Event
Events & Gatherings (Competitions & Carnivals) organised by Surf Life Saving New Zealand will require proof of vaccination from all eligible people to attend and be involved.
The Bay of Plenty region is currently in “Orange” under the new COVID – 19 Protection Framework. Whilst at this restriction level, Oceans’ 22 will operate as a “Fully Vaccinated” event, allowing us to operate with more flexibility.
All SLSNZ members associated with this competition:
- will be required have a current My Vaccine Passport (MVP). Or in the case of those competitors who are under the age of 12 years and 3 months old (born before 27 November 2009), they will be MVP Exempt as per government guidelines.
- Scan in with the Event QR poster, or utilize the Bluetooth COVID App.
For more information see the Event Entry Circular and other event information:
Pre-existing Medical Condition
All participants and Event Crew with a pre-existing medical condition must complete and submit a Pre-Existing Medical Conditions Declaration form prior to the close of entries. These forms are to be submitted to the Event Manager (Mark Inglis) by email to email@example.com . However, participants are encouraged to submit these as early as possible.
It is important to note that that a pre-existing medical condition includes a concussion event that has occurred prior to this event.
Once submitted, the forms will be reviewed by SLSNZ and a decision will be made on whether a Competitor Waiver form is required to be completed.
- Pre-Existing Medical Conditions Declaration Form - pdf
- Pre-Existing Medical Conditions Declaration Form - docx
- Competitor Waiver Form - Under 18 - pdf
- Competitor Waiver Form - Under 18 - docx
Exhibitor Information & Applications
With over 800 competitors and an estimated 2000 family and friends from the surf life saving community in attendance, this is a prime opportunity to connect your products and services to an interested and captured customer base. Thank you for your interest in exhibiting at Oceans ’22 - Surf Life Saving New Zealand’s (SLSNZ) premier junior life saving sport event. The event will be held at Mount Maunganui Beach, February 24 – 27, 2021.
Click here for the full exhibitor information and application form.
Online merchandise orders
Click Here to order your Oceans' 22 merchandise (available shortly)