Central Region - Intermediate Guard School #2 - Waipatiki Beach
Central Region Intermediate Guard School #2 - Waipatiki Beach
When: Friday, 8 April 2022 - Sunday, 10 April 2022
Location: Waipatiki Beach, Hawke's Bay - Transport will be provided from Taranaki and Capital Coast
Applications open: Early February
Intermediate Lifeguard School is designed to provide Junior Surf Lifeguards with the skill development,
knowledge and further understanding to progress as a Surf Lifeguard. The school is a dynamic
combination of theory and practical based sessions to enhance the candidate’s learning through a
variety of situations.
The Intermediate Lifeguard School runs over a two-day camp and is a great opportunity for junior
lifeguards to become more confident and capable lifeguards.
Selection for both Intermediate Guard Schools will be made based on:
1. Number of volunteer patrol hours completed;
2. Pre-Requisites met; and
3. Club / area diversity.
- 15 years of age or above
- Current Level 1 First Aid (refreshed)
- Marine VHF Radio Operators Certificate
- Min 1 season of full active patrolling
- IRB Crewperson Module (recommended)
- Current member of a SLS club
- Surf Lifeguard Award (refreshed)
- Swim 400 metres sub 8 minutes
- Club Endorsement to attend