Tel: 027 457 1021
Welcome to Oceans’ 21, the premier Under 14 Surf Life Saving event. Oceans’ has a proud history of being not only the largest Junior Surf Life Saving Event in New Zealand, but the most competitive, exciting and fun!
Returning to Mt Maunganui for 2021, we invite you to celebrate the very best of future Surf Life Savers as our members compete for their friends and against their fellow athletes.
- To learn the skills required to gain the Surf Lifeguard Award.
- To provide the best possible life saving experience for all juniors with the view to encouraging long-term active participation.
- To provide opportunities for juniors to actively participate in and enjoy life saving and competition in an aquatic environment.
- To ensure our junior member are safe on New Zealand's beaches through building knowledge and experiences in the Junior Surf Programme.
- To develop a team based philosophy encompassing leadership, camaraderie, teamwork, and fun.
- To promote social, emotional and physical growth and development in a healthy and safe environment.
Ocean 21 - Covid Update
Click on the below links for all the latest Covid updates that may affect this competition.
Entries will open 16th December via the EnterNow system and will close at 10am on Monday 15th February 2021.
For more information see the Event Entry Circular and other event information:
- RFID Wristband Order Form - pdf
- RFID Wristband Order Form - word doc.
- Team Manager Declaration - word doc.
- Team Change Form - word doc.
Pre-existing Medical Condition
All participants and Event Crew with a pre-existing medical condition must complete and submit a Pre-Existing Medical Conditions Declaration form prior to the close of entries. These forms are to be submitted to the Event Manager (Mark Inglis) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . However, participants are encouraged to submit these as early as possible.
It is important to note that that a pre-existing medical condition includes a concussion event that has occurred prior to this event.
Once submitted, the forms will be reviewed by SLSNZ and a decision will be made on whether a Competitor Waiver form is required to be completed.