NZ Surf Boat Trial - Lyall Bay
The New Zealand Surf Boat Trial is for Male & Female Open & Development (Under 23 years old) crews who wish to be considered for selection to represent New Zealand at the Trans-Tasman Surf Boat Challenge (TTSBC) to be held on February 5, 2022 at Waihi Beach.
By entering the NZ Surf Boat Trial, crews are applying to be considered for selection to represent New Zealand at the TTSBC.
Entries must be made using the SLSNZ Online Event Entry System (“2021 NZ Surf Boat Trial”). Your club has access to this system and can help process your entries. Entries close on Monday 29 November, 2021 at 11.00am.
In order to be eligible to trial and be selected, all crew members must:
- Be a current and financial Member of a New Zealand Club;
- Hold a current or refreshed SLSNZ Surf Lifeguard Award (or international equivalent) and be a bona fide lifesaver in good standing with SLSNZ, and their Club;
- Have no outstanding payments or obligations with SLSNZ;
- Be a New Zealand citizen; (Required proof: NZ Passport, NZ Birth Certificate, NZ Citizenship documentation)
- Comply with the SLSNZ Competition Manual and meet relevant eligibility requirements for Surf Boats competition and division in which a crew competes.
Rules & Regulations:
The event will be conducted under the rules contained in the following documents and any additional amendments as detailed on the SLSNZ website and any additional requirements as communicated by the Event Management Committee:
- SLSNZ Competition Manual
- SLSNZ Constitution
- SLSNZ Regulations
- SLSNZ Code of Conduct
- Drug Free Sport New Zealand
- The trial will consist of 5 races - 3 x long course, 2 x short course.
- Selectors may add or remove races for selection purposes.
- Race order and timing will be dependent on entries in each division.
- Should conditions or any other situation result in all or part of the programme not be completed, the event or remainder of the event may be concluded, postponed or cancelled.
Please refer to the SLSNZ COVID-19 Operational/Capability Compliance information. These ensure the safety of all competitors, event management, officials and spectators should alert levels be in place prior to or at the time of the Trial.
Should the TTSBC be cancelled prior to the NZ Trial, the trial will still be held and crews selected.
Neil Watts, Michelle Newton & Nick Laurie
The NZ selectors will be selecting the team in accordance with SLSNZ HP Surf Boat Selection Policy. All athletes and crews applying for selection should familiarise themselves with the policy which outlines the criteria and process for selection.
If only one crew applies in any given category, that crew will still be required to trial to demonstrate sufficient ability to warrant selection.
Selectors & Team Management also request that ONE member complete the Surf Boat Crew Additional Information Form on behalf of their crew.
The Information collected from this form will assist both the selection and team management process. All information will remain confidential to the SLSNZ Surf Boat Selectors and Team Management.
This form must be submitted by Monday 29 November 2021 at 11.00am.
The selected crews will be announced on or about the Sunday following the conclusion of the New Zealand Surf Boat Trial.
Crews selected to represent New Zealand at the Trans-Tasman Surf Boat Challenge can expect the following:
- A High Performance induction
- All crew members being required to sign the SLSNZ Athlete Agreement
- To contribute towards their costs associated with the Trans-Tasman Surf Boat Challenge, such as accommodation, food, local transport, apparel etc.
Bruce Matheson & Kathryn Wright
TRANS-TASMAN SURF BOAT CHALLENGE
The TTSBC will be held on February 5, 2022 at Waihi Beach. Races are run in between rounds of the North Island Surf Boat Championship.
With continuing border restrictions and uncertainty due to COVID-19, SLSNZ & SLSA are in regular communication with regard to the viability of the TTSBC in its current format and at the intended date.
NZ Surf Boat Trial
027 840 7322
Selection & TTSBC
SLSNZ High Performance Manager