Canterbury - Instructor Training Course
Tel: 021 199 6683
The Instructors Award certifies that the holder has the basic skills and knowledge to be an instructor within their club. The qualification enables members to obtain relevant theory and practical skills about instruction and teaching to be utilised when training members. This course is a main component for you to fully achieve your instructor’s award.
If you successfully complete this course all you require to do is place four (4) members through either their IRB or SLA award, then you will be awarded your Instructors Award in that field.
Duration: 1 day
- Participate in full courses as required for qualification
- Complete all practical requirements as necessary
- Complete all theory requirements
- Surf Lifeguard Award
- 16 Years of age for SLA
- 18 Years for IRB
- Current First Aid Level 1 (Unit Standards 6400, 6401 and 6402)
- Surf Lifeguard Award (refreshed) and hold qualification you wish to instruct.
- Current member of an SLS club
Please register online through the SLSNZ Database. Go to the National then Course Instance section.
For more information, please view the Event Flyer (PDF)