2020 Christchurch / Tasman Awards of Excellence CANCELLED
Tel: 021 190 1432
Christchurch/Tasman's Local Awards of Excellence programme recognizes contribution of our members from the grass roots of Surf Life Saving during the 2019/2020 season. Each club is entitled and encouraged to enter one nomination per category (typically the winning club equivalent for the category).
Nominations will be judged against the criteria outlined for each award by a local Honours and Awards, Sport or Lifesaving Committee.
The winners of some categories of the local awards of excellence will automatically become finalists for the prestigious national DHL Awards of Excellence to be held later in 2020. Finalists will be judged by the National Sport Committee, National Lifesaving Committee or the board of SLSNZ depending on the award category.
Please submit all nominations by 5pm Thursday 30th April. There will be no late entries.
The awards clubs are able to nominate for include (nomination forms are attached to each line):
- 2020 Coach of the Year - Nomination
- 2020 Innovation of the Year - Nomination
- 2020 Instructor or Examiner of the Year - Nomination
- 2020 Lifeguard of the Year - Nomination
- 2020 Sports Team of the Year - Nomination
- 2020 Sports Person of the Year - Nomination
- 2020 Surf Official of the Year - Nomination
- 2020 Volunteer of the Year - Nomination
- 2020 Event Guard of the Year - Nomination
- 2020 Rescue of the Year - Nomination
- 2020 Rookie Lifeguard of the Year - Nomination
- Honours awards nomination form
In addition, awards that are judged without a specific nomination include:
- 2020 Regional Lifeguard of the Year
- Club of the Year
If you have any questions or queries about how to complete a nomination, please contact the Regional Manager for advice/guidance. All nominations must be completed on the nomination forms above (please note there is a specific nomination form for each award) and forwarded to Luke Smith by 5:00pm, 30th April 2020.
Due to COVID-19, award recipients will be recognised online in an 'Awards Month/Week' where we will announce our winners and have a spotlight on them through our SLSNZ Southern Region Social Media Channels.