Dunedin Intermediate Lifeguard School - CANCELLED
Tel: 021 022 08310
Due to the unprecedented and evolving situation of COVID-19, this course has been be cancelled based on recommendations from health authorities. For more information about SLSNZ's response, please refer to the COVID-19 page on our website.
This year's Intermediate Lifeguard School will be held at St Clair SLSC on the 11th and 12th of April.
Intermediate Lifeguard School is designed to provide junior lifeguards with the skill development, knowledge and further understanding to develop as a lifeguard. The school is a dynamic combination of theory and practical based sessions to enhance the candidate’s learning through a variety of situations.
The Intermediate Lifeguard School is delivered over two full days (no overnight stay) and is a great opportunity for junior lifeguards to become more confident and capable lifeguards.
The target audience for this course is lifeguards who have been patrolling for 1-2 seasons and are ready to further develop their lifeguarding skills.
We are taking 20 Candidates.
15 years of age or above
- Current Level 1 First Aid (refreshed)
- Marine VHF Radio Operators Certificate
- Min 1 season of full active patrolling
- IRB Crewperson Module (recommended)
- Current member of a SLS club
- Surf Lifeguard Award (refreshed)
- Swim 400 metres sub 8 minutes
- Club Endorsement to attend - Endorsement form found on the application flyer.