2019 Christchurch / Tasman Awards of Excellence
Venue: Sixty6 (Christchurch Casino)
Address: Peterborough Street, Christchurch City
Cost: $5.00 per person
Light finger food will be provided
SLSNZ's Local Awards of Excellence programme recognizes contribution of our members from the grass roots of Surf Life Saving during the 2018/2019 season. Each club is entitled and encouraged to enter one nomination per category (typically the winning club equivalent for the category).
Nominations will be judged against the criteria outlined for each award by a local Honours and Awards, Sport or Lifesaving Committee.
The winners of some categories of the local awards of excellence will automatically become finalists for the prestigious national DHL Awards of Excellence to be held later in 2019. Finalists will be judged by the National Sport Committee, National Lifesaving Committee or the board of SLSNZ depending on the award category
The awards clubs are able to nominate for include (nomination forms are attached to each line)
Please submit all nominations by Sunday 28th April. NO LATE ENTRIES.
For further information on the 2019 Awards of Excellence please see the Canterbury Region Awards Booklet 2019
- 2019 Coach of the year - Nomination
- 2019 Innovation of the Year - Nomination
- 2019 Instructor or Examiner of the Year - Nomination
- 2019 Lifeguard of the Year - Nomination
- 2019 Rookie Lifeguard of the Year - Nomination
- 2019 Sports Team of the Year - Nomination
- 2019 Sportsperson of the Year - Nomination
- 2019 Surf Official of the Year - Nomination
- 2019 Te Onepoto Award for service to Junior Surf - Nomination
- 2019 Volunteer of the Year Nomination
In addition, other awards that are judged without a specific nomination include:
- Regional Lifeguard of the Year
- Rescue of the Year
- Patrol Club of the Year
- Club of the Year
If you have any questions or queries about how to complete a nomination, please contact your Regional Manager for advice/guidance. All nominations must be completed on the enclosed nomination form (please note there is a specific nomination form for each award) and forwarded to Chris Jeffery by 5:00pm, 28th April 2018.