Matt Warren - Event Manager
Welcome to Oceans’ 19, the premier Under 14 Surf Life Saving event. Oceans’ has a proud history of being not only the largest Junior Surf Life Saving Event in New Zealand, but the most competitive, exciting and fun!
Returning to Mt Maunganui for 2019, we invite you to celebrate the very best of future Surf Life Savers as our members compete for their friends and against their fellow athletes.
Thanks to all the teams and volunteers for making Oceans' 19 great. if you were there an would like to provide feedback please go to the Oceans' 19 Survey.
Just click on the link above or copy it into your browser and complete the survey.
- To learn the skills required to gain the Surf Lifeguard Award.
- To provide the best possible life saving experience for all juniors with the view to encouraging long-term active participation.
- To provide opportunities for juniors to actively participate in and enjoy life saving and competition in an aquatic environment.
- To ensure our junior member are safe on New Zealand's beaches through building knowledge and experiences in the Junior Surf Programme.
- To develop a team based philosophy encompassing leadership, camaraderie, teamwork, and fun.
- To promote social, emotional and physical growth and development in a healthy and safe environment.
Entries are now open via the EnterNow system and will close at 5pm on Monday 25th February 2019.
For more information see the Event Entry Circular and other event information:
Updated Event Programme
- Oceans' 19 2km Beach Relay Course
Marshaling for the 2km Beach Relay will start at 7.30am, race starts at 8am.
800m runners - Arena 1 tent
600m runners - Arena 2 tent
400m runners - Arena 4 tent
200m runners - Arena 3 tent
- Oceans' 19 Grand Cameron Course Map
Marshaling for the Grand Cameron will start at 7.30am, first race 8am.
Swimmers - Arena 2 tent
Board Paddlers - Arena 3 tent
Sprinters - Arena 4 tent
Online merchandise orders -
To see updates before, and during the event, click this link to go to our event page (or scan the QR code). If you'd like to be notified of any updates, mark yourself as interested or going, otherwise, simply bookmark it.
This event proudly supported by Tauranga City Council.