Intermediate Lifeguard School - Christchurch
Intermediate Lifeguard School is designed to provide junior lifeguards with the skill skill development, knowledge and further understanding to develop as a lifeguard. The school is a dynamic combination of theory and practical based sessions to enhance the candidate’s learning through a variety of situations.
The Intermediate Lifeguard School is delivered over two full days (No overnight stay) and is a great opportunity for junior lifeguards to become more confident and capable lifeguards.
The target audience for this course is lifeguards who have been patrolling for 1-2 seasons and are ready to further develop their lifeguarding skills.
We are taking 20 Candidates.
15 years of age or above
- Current Level 1 First Aid (refreshed)
- Marine VHF Radio Operators Certificate
- Min 1 season of full active patrolling
- IRB Crewperson Module (recommended)
- Current member of a SLS club
- Surf Lifeguard Award (refreshed)
- Swim 400 metres sub 8 minutes
- Club Endorsement to attend
- Click here to review the pre-requisites for Intermediate Lifeguard School and complete an application to apply.
Applications for candidates close 18th February
Instructor and mentor applications:
- Click here to review the pre-requisites for these positions and to apply
Applications for instructors and mentors closes 11th February