NZ Surf Boat Series: Round 5 (North Island Surf Boat Championships)
Mike Lord - Sport Manager
Tel: 027 457 1025
Surf Boat crews from across New Zealand will compete in up to six surf boat events that make up the New Zealand Surf Boat Series. Up to four rounds of points will be added together to find the Series Champion in each division with a minimum of two rounds having to be attended and raced to be eligible.
Messages from Waihi Club:
- We have organised overflow parking at Brighton Reserve at the beach end of Brighton Reserve which we encourage team supporters to use. We will have a courtesy van available to shuttle people and gear to the Club and back.
- Our Club café and bar will be open all weekend from Friday night, offering breakfast, lunch and dinner plus a wide range of hot and cold beverages.
- Tents will need to be erected on the grass areas to the North of the Club and NOT directly in front of the Club, nor on the beach. Tide height predicted to be too high for tents on the beach and we will need full range of visibility and line of sight for event safety and patrol.
- Tractor will be available to assist boats onto the beach at the North End boat ramp.
- Club contacts are: Lynette Hardy and Justine James
- All crews are invited to join Waihi Beach crews in enjoying the “Waihi Special” super burger after the event and to stay on for drinks and music at the after-party, where savouries and snacks will be provided.
For more information please refer to the New Zealand Surf Boat Series Page