Eastern Region Intermediate Lifeguard School #2
Eastern Region Zespri Intermediate Lifeguard School
Intermediate Lifeguard School is designed to provide junior lifeguards with the skill development, knowledge and further understanding to develop as a lifeguard. The school is a dynamic combination of theory and practical based sessions to enhance the candidate's learning through a variety of situations.
The target audience for this course is lifeguards who have been patrolling for 1-2 seasons and are ready to further develop their life guarding skills.
Check out last years Video here!
Candidate Registrations close: 10pm, Sunday 27th January 2019 - Register Here
Instructor/Mentor Registrations close: 10pm, Sunday 6th January 2019 - Register Here
Date: Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th February 2019 (arrive Friday night - 22/02/2019)
Time: Start: 6.00pm Friday 22nd Feb
Finish: 3.00pm Sunday 24th Feb
Venue: Waikanae Surf Life Saving Club
Course Duration: Two and a half Days
- Current SLSNZ Member
- Surf Lifeguard Award (refreshed)
- 15 years old or above
- Marine VHF Radio Operators Certificate
- Minimum one (1) full season of active patrolling
- First Aid Level 1 (refreshed)
- 400m pool swim in under 8 minutes
- Club endorsement to attend the school
- IRB Crewman's Module (recommended)