Eastern Region - Zespri Intermediate Lifeguard School
Tel: 027 562 3337
Eastern Region Zespri Intermediate Lifeguard School
Intermediate Lifeguard School is designed to provide junior lifeguards with the skill development, knowledge and further understanding to develop as a lifeguard. The school is a dynamic combination of theory and practical based sessions to enhance the candidate's learning through a variety of situations.
The target audience for this course is lifeguards who have been patrolling for 1-2 seasons and are ready to further develop their lifeguarding skills.
Check out last years Video here!
Candidate Registrations close: 10pm, Sunday 16th September 2018 - Register Here
Instructor/Mentor Registrations close: 10pm, Sunday 2nd September 2018 - Register Here
Date: Saturday 17th & Sunday 18th November 2018 (arrive Friday night - 16/11/18)
Time: Start: 6.00pm Friday 16th Nov
Finish: 3.00pm Sunday 18th Nov
Venue: Whangamata Surf Life Saving Club
Course Duration: Two Days
- Current SLSNZ Member
- Surf Lifeguard Award (refreshed)
- 15 years old or above
- Marine VHF Radio Operators Certificate
- Minimum one (1) full season of active patrolling
- First Aid Level 1 (refreshed)
- 400m pool swim in under 8 minutes
- Club endorsement to attend the school
- IRB Crewman's Module (recommended)