U14 New Zealand Surf Life Saving Championships (Oceans'18)
Scotty Bicknell - Event Manager
Welcome to Oceans'18, the Under 14 New Zealand Surf Life Saving Championships. Oceans'18 has a proud history of being not only the largest Junior Surf Life Saving Event in New Zealand, but the most competitive, exciting and fun!
We invite you to celebrate all that is Under 14 in Surf Life Saving as our young members compete for their friends and against their fellow athletes.
- Oceans'18 Programme Day 2 (PDF) - 1030 hrs 2 March 2018
- Oceans' 18 Revised Programme - Day 1 ONLY (PDF) 1800 hrs 28 Feb 2018
- Oceans'18 Team Manager Circular (PDF) - updated 23 February 2018
- Oceans'18 Entry Circular (PDF)
- Oceans'18 Volunteer Circular (PDF)
- Oceans'18 Appendix 1 - Draft Programme (PDF)
- Oceans'18 Appendix 2 - Site Plan (PDF)
- Oceans'18 Appendix 3 - Club Declaration Form (PDF)
- Oceans'18 Appendix 4 - Photographer Agreement Form (please see below)
- Oceans'18 Appendix 5 - Arena Site Plan (PDF)
- Missing Person at Sea Procedure (PDF)
- Team change form (PDF)
- Club declaration (PDF)
You can follow the live results here via our website or download the SLSNZ app.
News and social media:
Media releases will be posted in the SLSNZ website newsroom at the conclusion of each day.
There are two levels of accreditation:
Journalists and photographers working directly for, or contracted to, local, national and international media outlets including TV, radio, newspapers, magazines and websites.
2. Club Photographers
Photographers appointed or contracted by a participating club to produce imagery. Only one Club Photographer can be appointed or contracted per club.
Sony photo booth
This season, Surf Life Saving New Zealand is proud to have Sony New Zealand as a partner of our national sports events. In addition to capturing footage utilising Sony's waterproof Action Cams and 4K Handycam camcorders at Oceans '18, the Sony team will be on site with a photo booth on Thursday and Friday to take high quality portrait photographs of the athletes, volunteers and parents with their new Sony Alpha cameras. The imagery will be available to view on Surf Life Saving New Zealand and Sony's social media channels and may even be included in an upcoming photography exhibition.
Anyone wishing to be photographed at the event will need to sign a release form and those aged under 18 will need permission from a parent or guardian. For any athletes Under 18 that won't be attending with a parent/guardian, please make sure they fill out this form prior and bring it along to the event to avoid disappointment. Those that visit the photo booth to have their photo taken will be in to win some Sony gear including headphones and portable speakers.