Welcome to the 2017 TSB Bank New Zealand Surf Life Saving
Championships; the pinnacle event of our season. This event is
one of the largest events in New Zealand and caters for U16 through
to Masters; seeing almost 1,500 athletes compete over (4) four days
The 2017 TSB Bank New Zealand Surf Life Saving Championships
will be in Christchurch at New Brighton Beach and will be held
between the 16th - 19th March 2017. The New Zealand
Masters Championships will commence on Thursday 16 March paving the
way for the Open Championships from Friday 17 March until Sunday 19
Below you will find the most up to date information for the 2017
TSB Bank New Zealand Surf Life Saving Championships.
Venue: New Brighton Beach, 186 Marine Parade, New Brighton,
Information will be updated here when available.
Click here to
see drone footage of New Brighton Beach.
Officials Dinner - New Brighton Club: Saturday 18th March 2017,
Starting from 6.30pm.
RSVP to email@example.com
Swell and weather information:
- Visit SLSNZ's Find a Beach website to view the latest forecast
at New Brighton
Click here to view Swellmap.com 7 day forecast for New
here to view Marineweather.co.nz swell forecast
Safe Driving Tips:
- For more information on some great safe driving tips click here.
For daily Live
Results please click here or
visit the SLSNZ
Facebook page (now also available on the SLSNZ
- Overall Club Points
- Masters Results
For last years 2016 Surf Life Saving New Zealand event
results click here
Teamline will have officially branded clothing and merchandise
available for sale. We will have facilities to cater for eftpos
cards (no credit cards) and of course, cash. The shop will be open
Thurs - Sunday when the competition is running. Head along and
check out the merchandise! For more information on the Teamline
CLICK HERE! For Masters T-Shirts
- SLSNZ will not be running an After Party Sunday night this
year. Below is some information for Team Managers and Clubs
to think about if you are going to organise an afterparty for your
- Hosting a party can be as fun as the event itself, but every
responsible host knows that it's only a great time if every guest
gets home safely.Here are some tips to help you throw an
entertaining and safe party:
- As guests RSVP, confirm that they have a plan for a safe way
home via a non-drinking designated driver (rideshare service,
public transportation, taxi, etc.).
- Plan activities like party games or door prize drawings that do
not involve alcohol and engage people, resulting in a lower
consumption of alcohol.
- Do not push drinks! Drinking at a party is not mandatory for
having a good time.
- Provide plenty of food to keep your guests from drinking on an
- Avoid too many salty snacks, which tend to make people thirsty
and drink more.
- Offer non-alcoholic beverages or mocktails for non-drinking
designated drivers and others who prefer not to drink alcohol.
- Never serve alcohol to someone under 18 and never ask anyone
under 18 to serve alcohol at parties.
- If, despite your efforts, some of your guests have had too much
to drink, never let them drive home impaired.
- Have the number of a taxi service or a rideshare app on hand or
offer your sofa to guests who need to stay put.
- Have fun - but not too much fun. To be a good host, you
should stay within your limits in order to make sure your guests
stay within theirs.
Safe Parties Guide - PDF
For further questions on the 2017 TSB Bank New Zealand Surf Life
Saving Championships please contact:
Surf Life Saving New Zealand
M 021 2765484