Tel: 021 475 137
Surf Official Level One
Date: Sunday 27th August 2017
Venue: Papamoa SLSC
Time: 9:00am to 3:30pm
The Surf Official Level One course provides an entry level and developmental programme for Surf Life Saving Club members to pursue or continue officiating at surf lifesaving events. The course aims to provide the basic knowledge and skills needed to officiate at club and regional levels.
The Surf Official Level One course is the first step on the Surf Life Saving New Zealand Surf Official pathway. Officials interested in further developing their skills can then progress to the Surf Official Level Two course
Duration One day
Delivered by Regional facilitators- Ross Merrett
Who should complete it
Any Surf Life Saving Club members interested in getting started in surf officiating, new officials, or existing officials with no formal training.
To successfully complete the Surf Official Level One course participants need to attend the full course and participate in its activities and successfully complete and submit to SLSNZ the post course practical assessment.
The costs for this course are covered by SLSNZ
Please note that if you are registered and do not attend the course, you will incur the full cost of the course of $92.00
1. Introduction to officiating
2. Effective communication with athletes and others
3. Officials, the law and risk management
4. Rules of surf lifesaving competition
5. Officials and their duties
6. Assessment and accreditation
At the completion of this course, coaches will be able to:
1. Identify the athlete centred approach to officiating
2. Identify and demonstrate knowledge of effective communication
3. Identify risk management processes and values relevant to surf officials
4. Demonstrate knowledge of the rules of surf lifesaving sports
5. Identify and describe the ACC SportSmart Plan
Please contact your club to be registered onto the course.
Registrations close on Noon Friday 18th August 2017.
It is important to remember that while the course is subsidised to be free of charge, if a participant fails to turn up on the day they will be charged the full cost of the course at $92.00. All payments will be made through your club as they will be invoiced directly.
Each participant must bring a pen, lunch, snacks, and a water bottle and wet weather gear for the day. All other material will be provided.
If you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact Mark Inglis.
021 475 137