Welcome to the 2016 Eastern Bay
Energy Trust New Zealand Surf Life Saving Championships; the
pinnacle event of our season. This event is one of the
largest events in New Zealand and caters for U16 through to
Masters; seeing almost 1400 athletes compete over (4) four
days of competition.
The 2016 Eastern Bay Energy
Trust New Zealand Surf Life Saving Championships will
be in Whakatane and will be held between the 17th - 20th
March 2016. The New Zealand Masters Championships will
commence on Thursday 17 March paving the way for the Open
Championships from Friday 18 March until Sunday 20
Below you will find the most up to date
information for the Eastern Bay Energy Trust New
Zealand Surf Life Saving Championships.
Venue: Whakatane SLSC, Pohutukawa Ave,
Ohope Beach, Whakatane.
Entries close: 3 March 2016
Over 1500 atheletes set to take on 2016 national champs (14
Eastern Bay Energy Trust supports 2016 New Zealand Surf Lifesaving
Championships (6 March
Officials Dinner - Ohope Chartered Club: Saturday 19th March
RSVP to email@example.com
Swell and weather information:
- Visit SLSNZ's Find a Beach website to view the latest forecast
here to view Swellmap.com 7 day forecast for Ohope
here to view
Marineweather.co.nz swell forecast
- Click here to view the Whakatane webcam
Safe Driving Tips:
- For more information on some great safe driving tips Click here
Daily results can be found on the SLSNZ News page
- Overall Club Points -
- Masters Results -
Click here for last
years 2015 Surf Life Saving New Zealand event results
Teamline will have officially branded clothing and merchandise
available for sale. We will have facilities to cater for eftpos
cards (no credit cards) and of course, cash. The shop will be open
Thurs - Sunday when the competition is running. Head along and
check out the merchandise! For more information on the Teamline
available for purchase this year and have been subsidised by the
generous sponsorship of Whakatane District Council and Teamline.
They can be ordered online and then collected from the Teamline
exhibitors marquee on site. Cost $10. To order online please CLICK HERE.
- SLSNZ will not be running an After Party Sunday night
this year. Below is some information for Team Managers and
Clubs to think about if you are going to organise an afterparty for
your club members.
- Hosting a party can be as fun as the event itself, but
every responsible host knows that it's only a great time if every
guest gets home safely.Here are some tips to help you throw an
entertaining and safe party:
- As guests RSVP, confirm that they have a plan for a safe
way home via a non-drinking designated driver (rideshare service,
public transportation, taxi, etc.).
- Plan activities like party games or door prize drawings
that do not involve alcohol and engage people, resulting in a lower
consumption of alcohol.
- Do not push drinks! Drinking at a party is not mandatory
for having a good time.
- Provide plenty of food to keep your guests from drinking
on an empty stomach.
- Avoid too many salty snacks, which tend to make people
thirsty and drink more.
- Offer non-alcoholic beverages or mocktails for
non-drinking designated drivers and others who prefer not to drink
- Never serve alcohol to someone under 18 and never ask
anyone under 18 to serve alcohol at parties.
- If, despite your efforts, some of your guests have had
too much to drink, never let
them drive home impaired.
- Have the number of a taxi service or a rideshare app on
hand or offer your sofa to guests who need to stay put.
- Have fun - but not too much fun. To be a good host,
you should stay within your limits in order to make sure your
guests stay within theirs.
- Hosting Safe
Parties Guide - PDF
For further questions on the 2016 Eastern Bay Energy
Trust New Zealand Surf Life Saving Championships
please contact Prue Younger:
m 021 276 5484