Tel: 0275 833 228
Practical and theoretical exam for those wishing to be employed as a SLSNZ Regional Lifeguard.
If you have applied for a position it is compulsory to attend this exam, unless you have been offered a conditional offer of employment.
You will be assessed on the following criteria:
Assessment task Weighting
1. Experience assessment: completed on application - 35%
2. Swimming competency: 400 m pool assessment - 10%
(must be completed in less than 9 minutes to continue the assessment)
3. Theory and cognitive assessment: theory test - 20%
4. Cardiovascular fitness assessment: 3 km run - 10%
5. Environment specific fitness assessment: Run-Swim-Run - 15%
6. Personality and attitude assessment - 10%
Please be at the Pool at 9:40am, ready for the assessment start at 10am.
You will need to bring adequate gear for completeing the above tasks ie, togs, wetsuit, running shoes, fins etc.
Please bring a lifeguard rashshirt for the Run Swim Run.
If you have any queries about the trial or have problems on the day please call Jacob Davies: 0274 571 012 or Zoë Canvin: 0275 833 228.